EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN – BASIC (E.M.T.-B)
PER DIEM POSITIONS
Openings for EMT-B (Per Diem Positions): In Willingboro Township.
Provides pre-hospital basic emergency medical services to pediatric and adult patients requiring medical care. Transports pediatric and adult patients to appropriate medical facilities. Completes required documentation and duties in support of efficient EMS operations.
1. Responds to and provides basic life support emergency medical services to patients in the pre-hospital setting.
2. Transports patients from emergency scenes to medical facilities in a safe and efficient manner
3. Completes all required departmental documentation.
4. Follows EMS operational policies and procedures.
5. Practices positive customer service techniques in support of the EMS system.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Valid New Jersey EMT-B certification and valid CPR – Healthcare Professional Provider Level certification.
Must have completed NIMS (National Incident Management System) Training to the I-100/I-700 Levels.
Must have valid New Jersey State Motor Vehicle Commission driver’s license driving privileges with ability to be approved as a driver with Township’s insurance vendor.
Newly hired EMT’s must obtain Bloodborne Pathogens and Right to Know Training by the department.
Must have Hazmat and CBRNE Awareness Training Certificates.
Two years EMS emergency driving experience preferred with completion of a CEVO or EVOC driver-training program.
1. The performance of this function is the reason the job exists.
2. There are limited employees among whom the performance of this job can be distributed.
3. This function occupies a great deal of the employee’s time.
4. This function is highly specialized. Employees are hired for the skill/ability to perform this.
5. Failure to perform this function may have serious consequences.
6. Exposure to bloodborne pathogens that requires use of personal protective equipment.
Starting hourly rate of $14.00 per hour with a structured increase.
Please request an application via email at: email@example.com
Applications must be returned to Office of the EMS Captain or the Deputy Fire Chief, Willingboro Township Fire and EMS Department, 40 Middlebury Lane , Willingboro, N.J. 08046